Typhoon HIL, Inc. – Somerville, MA
U.S. citizenship is preferred for this position.
Applications Engineers at Typhoon HIL are technical experts focused on real-time Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulation and testing, and advanced digital controls for power electronics. In this position you will work directly with Typhoon HIL customers (Fortune 500 companies) to educate them on new ways to design, prototype, and test power electronics control systems. At the same time you will build relationship with their engineers and product managers and help them create tailored test solutions to improve the quality of their control systems and design processes.
In our Typhoon Somerville, MA office you will be part of a multidisciplinary international team, where you will work closely with power electronics engineers, hardware/software/firmware engineers, and business developers. If you are a highly motivated and self-driven engineer, willing to tackle tough technical challenges you will be able to grow with the company. Also, you will have a chance to significantly contribute to both sales and business development efforts.
- Supporting customer projects from pre-sales, through development, to commissioning on grid modernization, microgrids, power electronics and shipboard power systems.
- Designing, building, testing and maintaining HIL Testbeds and components
- Developing models, application notes, and documentation for Controller-Hardware-in-the-Loop (C-HIL) simulation platform.
- Developing test and test automation scripts for low and system level controllers
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to design, develop, and test Hardware-in-the-Loop testbeds, on both hardware and software, for end-users’ design and test processes improvement.
- Reviewing and writing technical papers and technical application notes for customers, Typhoon’s documentation, and software library packages.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts.
- Providing customer support through Typhoon’s ticket support center.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience and passion for power electronics and/or power systems
- Hands-on experience with digital controls and embedded systems
- Good personal skills, written and verbal communication
- Must enjoy working in a team
Please send you resume and cover letter to [email protected].