Software-driven power electronics converters increasingly influence modern power systems. They make the power systems smarter, more dynamic, and complex. There are vast amount of challenges we face in this new era of grid digitalization such as achieving interoperability of all different devices, communication settings and testing, cyber-security, fault and emergency response and more. Typhoon HIL is addressing these challenges through adoption of Hardware-In-the-Loop simulation for complex systems integration enabled by HIL Compatible devices.
HIL Compatible refers to the compatibility or suitability of a device, component, or system to be integrated into a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing interface platform in minutes. With model-based-engineering methodology, this compatibility can encompass various aspects, including electrical connectivity, communication protocols, control interfaces, and data exchange, to name a few.
At Typhoon, HIL Compatible means that any OEM controller can be integrated in a HIL Testbed easily in minutes. This enables seamless integration for simulation and testing of your device in a controlled and realistic environment with unlimited testing coverage. This type of testing coverage ensures OEM and System Integrators the ability to:
- De-risking projects at all stages: from vendor component validation, to operational support;
- More competitive offering on the market
- Trust in overall system performance through an increased test coverage, including faults.
- Shorter project delivery time
- Very short response time
- Lower overall cost of testing
In short, Typhoon HIL Compatible is an integration dream-come-true because it facilitates seamless integration of devices in various drives applications, renewables integration, energy storage systems, microgrids, utilities, and power plants.
Furthermore, every component tested on HIL is very close to become a HIL Compatible device, and as such can be provided to integrators for pre-validation of interoperability before physical implementation. The guaranteed interoperability adds confidence to all the stakeholders included in the process, and peace of mind facilitates trust, knowledge sharing, and cooperation.
If you are an OEM, HIL Compatible make it possible for:
- Your customers to test applications
- Your service engineers to test configurations
- Your integrators to test interoperability
- Your representatives to present your products
- Your support team to perform customer trainings
- Accredited labs for grid codes compliance testing and certification
Streamline your testing processes, ensure your peace of mind with HIL Compatible.
Full 13 bus Microgrid C-HIL Testbed Demo | Demo
Learn to use the Typhoon HIL Control Center software toolchain by watching our collection of application demo videos.