A Better Way to Design and Test Motor Drives for EVs: Streamlined Motor Drive Design and Control VerificationMay 7, 2020
With the growing demands and ever evolving control design and testing requirements in the Automotive Industry, Powersys (the global solution provider for Engineering software and services in the field of Electrical and Electro-mechanical Power systems) and Typhoon HIL have joined forces to provide a complete design and test solution to electric and hybrid vehicle manufacturers to speed up the development cycles, reduce cost of development, and improve quality. The solution bridges the gap between the motor design on one side, and control design and testing on the other side.
In this webinar we will demonstrate the complete design workflow that starts in JMAG FEM motor design software and seamlessly flows into controller design and testing in the Typhoon HIL Hardware-in-the-Loop platform.
Attendees will learn about:
- PowerSys – Typhoon HIL introduction
- JMAG-Typhoon HIL toolchain overview
- Design workflow overview: from JMAG motor design to HIL testing
- PMSM motor design in JMAG Demo
- How to export lumped circuit motor model via JMAG-RT Demo
- How to specify motor drive model and how to import JMAG-RT motor model followed with real-time simulation of the model Demo
- Test automation using real-time HIL simulation Demo
Operations Manager at Powersys
M.Sc. Electrical and Electronics Engineering from UNCC
Sernior Modeling Engineer at Typhoon HIL
M.Sc. Power Electronics and Electrical Machines from University of Novi Sad