Components with runtime-tunable properties
Test faster, compile less.
- Up until now many parameters of Signal Processing components were not tunable during runtime. This required model compilation for every parameter change.
- From now on, you can change the parameters of Signal Processing components during simulation. Some of the parameters you can change are:
- Value of the constant component
- Amplitude and frequency of the sinusoidal, triangular, and wave source
- Filter parameters
- Your manual and automatic tests now take much less time and run more fluently
Windowed mode for HIL SCADA sub-panels
HIL SCADA is video-wall ready.
- Support for working with a separate windows in a single SCADA panel.
- Sub-panels can now work in Windowed and Embedded modes (right click -> Switch to Windowed mode).
- If Windowed mode is selected, double clicking puts the Sub-panel canvas in a separate window.
- Sub-panels in windowed mode can be set to full screen mode.
- In Embedded mode, the Sub-panel keeps its usual behavior.
- Saving a panel saves the complete panel layout (windows sizing and positioning).
Setting AO/DO signals in Schematic Editor
Improved model version control for AO/DO signal setup.
- The AO/DO signal settings can now be done in the schematic file.
- Better model version control by eliminating the need for setup in HIL SCADA or in standalone tests.
- Packaging power stage models for C-HIL in library components without manually scaling adjustments in SCADA.
- In larger systems, where multiple controllers and Multi HIL setup are included, moving controller to another HIL is easier.
- Easier C-HIL model expansion from unit to system level.
IGBT leg with switch-level GDS oversampling
Improved precision in high frequency switching applications.
- When switch-level oversampling for IGBT leg component is enabled, compensation is done to every switch independently, contrary to global GDS oversampling where compensation is done on global level
- This component is useful in Dual-Active Bridge (DAB) and resonant converter applications since it grants much more precise simulation results on higher switching frequencies
SEL-751 high-fidelity model
Deploy ANSI protection functions in your microgrid and converter models
- High-fidelity model of feeder protection relay.
- Configurable with SEL settings and logic files.
- Support for following protection functions:
- Instantaneous/Definite-Time Overcurrent functions (phase, neutral, residual, and negative-sequence protection): ANSI 50P, 50N, 50G, 50Q
- Time Overcurrent functions (phase, maximum phase, residual, neutral and negative sequence protection): ANSI 51P, 51PP, 51G, 51N, 51Q
- Undervoltage functions (phase, and phase to phase protection): ANSI 27P, 27PP
- Overvoltage functions (phase, phase to phase, residual, and negative-sequence protection): ANSI 59P, 59PP, 59G, 59Q
DER Models with VoltVAr, HzWatt and VoltWatt Grid Support
More grid support functions for generic DER components
- Support VoltVAr, HzWatt, and VoltWatt grid codes in generic DER components
- Grid voltage triggers the VoltVAr and VoltWatt
- Grid frequency triggers the HzWatt
- Customize VoltVAr, HzWatt, and VoltWatt requirements
- Enabled from HIL SCADA
- The reactive power injection depends on the voltage on the terminal of the DER
- Enabled from HIL SCADA
- The active power injection depends on the frequency on the terminal of the DER
- If the frequency is out of range the DER will stop running
Additional features and application examples
- Enhanced tooltips for disabled Schematic Editor components
- Documentation support for components in user libraries
- Islanding detection in IEEE34 bus using artificial neural network
- DC marine microgrid example