Typhoon HIL, Inc. – Somerville, MA
U.S. citizenship is preferred for this position.
Typhoon HIL team is developing ultra-high speed real-time simulation systems for e-Mobility, power electronics, renewable energy sources and smart grid. We are working relentlessly to change the way power electronics control systems are designed and tested and to help usher a new era of truly sustainable energy systems. Our real-time platform is used in Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test systems and rapid control prototyping for applications ranging from renewable energy, microgrids, and e-Mobility.
Every position in Typhoon HIL is challenging, fast paced, dynamic, and absolutely critical to the success of the company.
In our Typhoon Somerville, MA office you will be part of a multidisciplinary international team, where you will work closely with power electronics engineers, hardware/software/firmware engineers, R&D, business developers and sales. If you are a highly motivated, independent, and self-driven individual, willing to tackle tough challenges and learn quickly you will be able to grow with the company and have a blast doing it.
- Design and fabrication of industrial automation type control cabinets based on input from engineering teams.
- Design custom wire harnesses for industrial control automation cabinets and protection systems.
- Fabrication and assembly of electrical or electronic control and test equipment.
- Design, manufacture, test printed circuit boards for interfacing controllers with test equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform configuration tasks to flash/load correct SW/FW versions onto controller devices.
- Follow detailed electrical and manufacturing documentation to build to engineering specifications.
- Support management of tools, equipment, and lab supplies (maintenance, calibrations, raw material stock).
- Prepare high-quality technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to prototype equipment using machining tools (mill, lathe, drill press etc.)
- Potential to travel in support of our onsite test equipment commissioning.
- Maintain and expand our electronics laboratory and equipment; maintain clean and efficient lab environment.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, technology or advanced electromechanical experience; with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid organizational skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, enjoy teamwork and excel in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience using PCB design tools (e.g. Altium)
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide repairs at the Service Technician level.
- Ability to perform electrical debug including use of tools such as a digital multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and use controls and wiring schematics.
- Ability to legibly produce all required paperwork and record keeping on a timely basis.
- Strong experience working with printed circuit boards (PCBAs) and wiring harness manufacturing.
- Familiarity with electrical engineering principals and concepts.
- Comfortable working independently off detailed technical documentation (system wire diagrams, cable schematics, mechanical assembly drawings, vendor specs, etc.).
- Works well within a team dynamic and has good verbal / written communication and computer skills.
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move 25/50/80 pounds regularly.
Please send you resume and cover letter to [email protected].